Valentine’s Day is all about love and BioSilk Hairstyling Ambassador Ivan Rodriguez is showing all the love for your hair’s style with his 10 best tips using The Miracle of Silk for your Valentine’s Looks!
1. Big, beautiful hair is a must with soft and natural waves. Instead of traditional teasing, try using the BioSilk Texturizing Powder at the root area. This will give lift without the damaging effects of backcombing.
2. If you opt for an updo, allow tendrils to fall naturally around the face and secure with a few bobby pins to easily undo.
3. Wash and condition your hair with a mildly scented shampoo and conditioner from. This will let your perfume come through even more.
4. Deep condition if your hair is dry. This will create a healthy, shiny foundation, helping to fix frizz in one application.
6. To keep hair smelling fresh all day and into the night, use a great dry shampoo like BioSilk Dry Clean Shampoo that leaves no residue or powder to dull your hair. Prior to leaving for your night out, spray additional dry shampoo throughout to serve as a texturizer and volumizer.
7. To maintain your style during the day, braid hair loosely and secure. Or create a messy bun spritzed with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Natural Hold. Remove when ready to leave, shake to loosen and lightly mist with additional natural formula hair spray.
8. For hold and long-lasting curls, use BioSilk Hot Thermal Protectant Mist prior to using a curling iron.
10. For added glam, apply crystal studded bobby pins or clips. To keep the accessory in place, mist it lightly with dry shampoo. This will keep the pieces from slipping out of your hair.
A Valentine’s Day-inspired Soft Silk “S” Tutorial:
- To begin, shampoo and condition with BioSilk Silk Therapy with Natural Coconut Oil 3 in 1. You can cleanse and condition in one simple step!
- Dry hair thoroughly and then spray your tresses with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Natural Hold. Brush in to distribute the silk botanicals and create a brilliant shine.
- Next, start curling the hair with the BioSilk Titanium Hairstyling Iron using a ribboning technique to create soft, “S” shaped curls. To do a ribbon curl, begin with a 1″ section of hair. Starting near the top of your head, place it between the plates of the iron, while turning it with your wrist. This will make the hair wrap around the outside of it too. Then, slide the iron down to reveal a curl.
- Allow hair to cool and take a few drops of BioSilk Silk Therapy with Natural Coconut Oil Leave-In Treatment. Apply and then brush it through with a paddle brush. This will give movement and naturalness to the hair.
- Finish with BioSilk Silk Therapy Shine On Spray for a glistening finish like diamonds.