Bangs are back! Selena Gomez showed off super long hair and a piecey bangs makeover at the Coach show on Feb. 13, and Rowan Blanchardrocked textured bangs for Calvin Klein‘s runway. Stylist Laurie Heaps was the mastermind behind Rowan’s makeover and explained the exact how to if you want to copy this look this spring! “I have always wanted to do a bang on Rowan,” Laurie told us. “Since it was NYFW, it was the perfect time to try something different. I’m loving her cut and effortless texture. I thought how can I change it up a little while keeping it effortless — let’s do a faux fringe.”
Here is the exact how to:
- Starting with dry hair, apply OUAI Soft Mousse to the roots for just the right amount of lift.
- Taking hair in 1-inch sections, mist each with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Styling Spray before heat is applied. This spray has thermal guards and style memory, while making the hair shinier as heat is applied.
- For a slight bend, take the BioSilk Titanium Styling Iron and wave the hair by moving your wrist back and forth. This will create texture and movement.
- For this look, I used The V Bang from The Hair Shop since it is designed to lay along your natural hair growth for a perfect blend.
- To customize it, I cut it short and chopped into the extension to make the bang piecey and uneven.
- I finished with Redken Windblown 05 Dry Texturizing Hairspray to create airy, weightless body.
BioSilk 1” Titanium Professional Hairstyling iron combines the power of ceramic and titanium elements for the smoothest, silkiest straightening results. The plates heat quickly and evenly while retaining even heat distribution. Titanium is high in strength and low in density allowing for a lightweight, scratch-resistant tool. Titanium produces incredible shine while sealing the hair cuticle and locking out humidity. Provides a superior glide in fewer passes, allowing for faster styling time.