If there were a single word to describe fashion’s biggest night of 2018 it would be: heavenly. The Met Gala took place on Monday, May 7, and the theme “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination” gave us no shortage of the awe-inspiring and decadent looks we’ve come to expect from Anna Wintour’s black-tie extravaganza. While the costumes were exquisite so was the glam. Jaws were dropping on Monday night and so were ours as we saw the most perfect ponies and sleek styles take on one of the most-watched red carpet event-of the year. Here were some of our favorite looks and steps to recreate at home.
- Apply BioSilk Silk Therapy onto wet hair to eliminate frizz.
- Divide the hair into sections. Then taking 1” section, round brush hair straigt using the BioSilk Titanium Hair Dryer
- Use the BioSilk 1.5” Titanium Curling Iron at the ends to give the hair a bend and slight curl.
- Brush the hair into a half-up high ponytail and secure with a rubber band. Pro Tip: to hide the rubber band you can take a piece of the hair from the pony and wrap it around the band, securing it with a pin.
- Apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray — Firm Hold to a toothbrush and use it to get rid of any flyaways.
- Take a generous amount of BioSilk Hydrating Therapy Rich Moisture Mousse and work the product intjo damp hair.
- Using the BioSilk Titanium Hair Dryer and round brush dry hair sleek and smooth adding a slight flip out to the ends.
- Create a deep-side part with a rattail comb. Apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Silk Gel from roots to mid shaft and comb through hair. This will give a slightly wet look.
- Tuck hair behind the ears on both sides.
- Complete the look by spraying a light amount of BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray — Natural Hold to hold it in place.
- Apply BioSilk Hot Thermal Protectant Mist onto the hair to protect it against heat damage.
- Take a few pumps of BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Root Lift and apply at the roots for an extra boost of volume.
- Create a middle part and divide the hair into two sections, Blow dry the hair using the BioSilk Titanium Hairdryer pulling hair at the roots in an upwards motion to create max volume.
- Massage a generous amount of the BioSilk Texturizing Powder to the crown of the head for more dimension and body.
- Lift the back section of hair up and spray it with BioSilk Silk Therapy Dry Clean Shampoo prior to teasing. Once the back has the desired amount of volume, pin each side of the middle part above the ear with an accessory of your choice.
- Next, wrap the hair from the mid-shaft to ends around the BioSilk 1” Titanium Curling Iron to create a slight curl to the hair. Brush the curl out into a soft wave.
- Finish the look with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray — Natural Hold.