As Hollywood’s brightest stars gathered one last time to honor some of this past year’s greatest films, they proved that not only were they capable of bringing their A-game to the silver screen, but they were also fully capable of slaying the red carpet. This year’s award season brought us some of our favorite red carpet looks and last night’s 90th Academy Awards didn’t fall short in closing out the season with a bang! As some of Hollywood’s most darling stars arrived to the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles for the 2018 Oscars, many were captivated by the exquisite couture gowns — but we found ourselves wanting to know how to recreate some of our favorite actresses’ hairstyles. From wavy bobs to textured undone updos, classic Hollywood glamour shined brightly and now you can recreate the looks using your favorite Biosilk products.
(Photos by: cosmopolitan.com, Instagram: @justinandersoncolor)
1. Start by applying a small amount of Biosilk Silk Therapy onto the hair.
2. Create 3 sections: ear-to-ear, straight part from the beginning of the eyebrow to the crown, leaving the remaining hair on the opposite side as your last section.
3. Starting from the back of the head, take 1” pieces and make an S-like motion with your Biosilk 1” Titanium Hairstyling Iron. (To create the best S figure: start at the root area and create good tension. Turn your iron half way and then quickly turn to the iron towards the opposite direction; continuing all the way down each section).
4. Spray Biosilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray – Natural Hold to each ironed piece to hold the style, but not create stiffness
5. Taking the section opposite of your part with the least hair, brush and bobby pin the hair behind the ear.
(Photos by: justjared.com, thecut.com)
1. Create a strong part from the left eyebrow point.
2. Using the Biosilk 1” Titanium Curling Iron, start to wrap medium size sections towards the face. Set each curl for 20 seconds and release, spray with Biosilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray — Firm Hold and clip to cool down.
3. Continue to do this around the head, curling each section towards the face.
4. On the opposite side, start at the top with a triangle section and begin to curl towards the face. Continue in a bricklayer pattern and clip to cool down.
5. After the hair is fully curled and clipped, let the design cool for 15 minutes. Begin to release and brush out each curl to expand the hair to create a soft large wave.
(Photos by: cosmopolitan.com, justjared.com)
1. Using the Biosilk 1” Titanium Hairstyling Iron add texture by creating loose curls
2. Tease softly at the top of the crown section to create volume and a rounded shape.
3. Spray Biosilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray — Natural Hold towards the back of the head and glide your finger on top of the fringe to create separation.
4. Gather hair back into a low point and create a low messy bun, pin with bobby pins. For added volume expand the bun with your fingers (Tip: to create an even more undone look pull small feather-like pieces of the hair from the front to frame the face).
5. Finish with Biosilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray — Firm Hold.