Natural Waves And Bouncy Curls From NYFW 2018: Get The Look
Natural waves and bouncy curls are some of the popular hair trends seen at NYFW 2018. BioSilk was the sponsor at Sherri Hill’s Spring 2018 Collection, offering an additional how-to for Ask the Pro Stylist this week.
The hair trends during the premiere of Sherri Hill’s Spring 2018 Collection included “bounce back” curls and natural waves. In addition, the power of reds, the softness of pastels, and the shimmering swing of fringes were on display.
BioSilk Haircare was center stage as the NYFW show’s official hair sponsor and styling team. Models walked the runway with natural curls and sensuous, soft bounce-back waves.
NYFW models included Miss Universe Iris Mittenaere, Miss USA Kára McCullough, Corinne Foxx, Nala Wayans, Josie Canseco and Alyvia Alyn Lind. Special Guests were Jamie Foxx, Niki Taylor and Keenan Wayans.
Farouk Systems Global Artist Tammy Mixon crafted each model’s look. Capturing healthy, shiny looks that moved with the flow of each design was the goal. According to Tammy…
The hair needed to compliment this year’s collection with soft, bounce-back waves that were touchable and moved with the flow of each dress. Additionally, using BioSilk Haircare allowed us to accomplish the perfect loose curl that danced with each strut.
Sherri Hill Spring 2018 Collection Hair How To for natural waves and bouncy curls are as follows:
- Begin with BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner. This will achieve soft, shiny, moveable bounce-back curls.
- Prior to styling, add BioSilk Silk Therapy Original to the hair. In addition to conditioning it will also create shine.
- When styling, spray the hair with BioSilk Hot Thermal Protectant Mist. As a result it will give sleek, wavy or curly looks.
- Use the BioSilk Titanium 1″ Styling Iron to achieve ribbon-like waves. Feed the hair into the iron like curling a ribbon with scissors.
- Next, randomly select sections and use one of the four BioSilk Titanium Curling Iron options. Depending on the model, Tammy picked the ¾”, 1″, 1 ¼” or 1 ½” size to provide multiple options for extra definition.
- To style curls, Tammy used her fingers as combs to loosen, plump and arrange. In addition, BioSilk Finishing Spray Natural Hold keeps the style long-lasting.
- Finally, for that spotlight finish, spray BioSilk Shine On for added sheen and sparkle.
Visit next Tuesday when we resume the regular how-to guide like today’s natural waves and bouncy curls. Until then, happy styling!