This quest for healthier hair is how BioSilk Silk Therapy emerged in 1986. For centuries, silk was celebrated as a luxurious fabric due to its smooth texture and brilliant luster. Throughout history, silk clothed royalty and the elite, continually evolving with fashion trends to be one of the most coveted fabrics of all times. It is also one of the strongest fibers in the world equal to steel. Because of this, Farouk Shami researched and discovered the benefits of silk proteins and how they could be applied to hair. Each silk protein contained 17 of the 19 amino acids found in hair, imparting shine, taming frizz and preventing split ends. Farouk knew than that all women want the hair to be shiny, healthy looking and conditioned properly, Silk solved those three issues with one product, the magic of Silk Therapy. The launch of BioSilk Silk Therapy was yet another first since natural pure silk had never been used in hair care before. It was created as a weightless, leave-in silk replenishing and reconstructing treatment to repair, smooth and protect all hair types.
This innovative leave in treatment for hair has led to the development of BioSilk Hair Color as well as a full range of hair care and styling tools.
BioSilk Silk Therapy continues to be one of the company’s strongest product offerings, winning countless beauty awards throughout the years, and is recognized brand among 97% of women.
- Silk contains 17 out of 19 amino acids found in human hair
- Silk bonds and repairs the hair from the inside out
- Silk is one of the strongest fibers in the world
- Silk strengthens the hair and provides more body and volume
- Silk can hold moisture up to 2.5–3 times of its own weight
- Silk improves elasticity
- Silk will provide longevity and sustainability with styling and color results
- Silk provides unparalleled shine and reflection due to its Triangular Molecule Structure
- Against environmental stressors
- Against UV-Rays and humidity
- Against color loss