By now you all know I like to style my hair quite a few times in a week. For me, how you style your hair is what completes your whole look. And you always don’t have to try different hairstyles but healthy looking, clean look is all you need. My hair is naturally wavy and to get that straight hair or curly hair look, you bet there is some good amount of heat involved.
Over the years and the hard way, I learned how important it is to take care of your hair. Now I am extra careful in using the right products and the right tools when it comes to hair (there’s no gym for hair after all). One major change that I have made in my hair care is to avoid using a hair dryer as much as I can. I let my hair air dry but then there are days when you are on the go or the work schedule is busy is when I let into a hairdryer.
Before I get into talking about products, it is very important we understand our skin and hair type. Do you have a normal hair, dry scalp or does your hair get too oily too soon? That is what helps determines the kind of products you use and how frequently should you wash your hair or use the products.
So here is the list of all the products and and tools that I use for my hair:
The one product that I use almost every day is the BioSilk Therapy. I have been using this serum for last 10 years, you just need a tiny bit of it and it is so magical. It has helped in reduction of my split ends. It leaves my hair so shiny, smooth, glossy and silky. There are weeks when I am applying it every day even if it’s just on the ends to make them look more hydrated and healthy. If you have dry frizzy hair, apply all over but if you have more of an oily scalp just apply a little and mostly to the ends. Make sure you use just a tiny bit of it, less than a dime size.
So these are all the products I use for my hair. I hope you find it helpful. Some tips and tricks before I sign out:
- Oil your hair at least once every two weeks, coconut oil or almond oil works the best for my hair
- Brush and detangle your hair before washing
- Don’t wash your hair every day, stick to 2 to maximum 3 times a week (might change depending on the weather or hair type)
- For oily scalp, apply conditioner only from mid-length to the ends of the hair. Applying conditioner from the roots or tips on every wash can cause build up. So evaluate your hair and apply conditioner accordingly
- Air-dry your hair as much as possible. Best is to apply the leave-in conditioner over your damp hair and let it air dry. You will see a huge difference in the smoothness and softness it leaves
- Moisturize the ends of your hair every day with the BioSilk Therapy
- After straightening your hair, run a blow dryer on cold button setting – you will see amazing results and straightening that lasts for days.
BioSilk Silk Therapy Original is a weightless leave-in silk replenishing and reconstructing treatment that helps repair, smooth and protect all hair types.
- Fills voids in cuticle to create smooth hair
- Aids in preventing split ends
- Provides incredible shine