Farouk Systems’ team of Global Artists represented BioSilk while styling hair backstage at the Sherri Hill show during New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2018. They created a wide array of styles, including gorgeous waves and dazzling braids along with other fun, fashion-forward looks.
If you missed out on the hottest hair trends that lit up the runways, BioSilk Artist Lorena Garcia has the tips and tricks you need to get those same chic and trendy looks (with options for edgier styles) – perfect for a ladies’ night on the town, yet classy enough for elegant, formal occasions!
The wave trend is the modern version of the off-duty model look that doesn’t appear to be going out of style anytime soon. This shiny and bouncy look can be worn at the office then transition to a girls’ night out function. It is the perfect, contemporary everyday hairstyle.
- Apply Biosilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Natural Hold to 1” hair sections.
- Using The Biosilk 1” Titanium Hairstyling Iron, wrap the hair around and hold for a few seconds.
- Open the heat plate and smooth back the sections in the crown area away from the face.
- Apply a nickel size of Biosilk Silk Therapy Original on your hands and rub it all over the hair to break up the curls.
- Gently comb the hair.
- Finish with Biosilk Silk Therapy Shine On.
Textured Waves and Braids
Whether it was at Marc Valvo or Jill Stuart’s show, it is clear that textured waves and braids are absolutely in this spring. Add some character to a generally more polished look by adding crimps or braids for an edgier look.
- Use your Biosilk Titanium Curling Iron 1 ½” to create large waves.
- Comb the hair to break up the waves then spray Biosilk Silk Therapy Shine On to help the waves fall.
- Use your Biosilk 1” Titanium Hairstyling Iron to smooth out a few hair sections.
- Take a small amount of Biosilk Silk Therapy Silk Pomade and apply it on the section where you will create the braid.
- Push back the braided hair strands for a loose, textured effect and secure it with a rubber band.
- Add more braids wherever you would like to create fun, loose textured braids throughout the entire head.